After getting my hands dirty with the Oreo Cupcakes, I really wanted to make a big, Golden Oreo cheesecake to see if the same concoction bakes up nicely as a 9" cheesecake.I used a food processor and ground them up to a fine powder) Then melt 2 tbsp. butter & add to the cookies. Mix with a fork. Set aside.
2. Using parchment paper and a 9" spring-form pan, cut a circle of parchment paper and lay on bottom of spring-form pan. (OPTIONAL)
3. Take the crushed cookies and pour into a spring-form pan. Press the crushed cookies to the bottom of the spring-form pan and slightly up the sides of the pan. Place in freezer.
4. In a mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
5. Add sugar until combined.
6. Beat in vanilla.
7. Add eggs, one at a time, making sure EACH one has had the time to incorporate and mix into the batter.
8. Beat in sour cream and salt.
9. Coarsely crush 1/2 package of cookies and add to batter.
10. Gently fold in cookies by hand.
11. Pour batter over chilled cheesecake crust.
12. Place in preheated oven and bake for 45-55 min. (check cheesecake after 45 min or until center is almost set.) Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim.
13. Refrigerate 4 hours or preferably overnight.
**To make caramel drizzle:
In a medium pan over low heat, melt the caramel candies along with heavy cream and stir constantly.
Once melted, drizzle the caramel sauce over the cheesecake.
I seriously LOVE cheesecake and this pie was outstanding!
Let me know what you think!