Sunday, November 18, 2012

Oatmeal Pancakes with a Sweet Sauce

This morning, I received an email from my Auntie stating that I needed to try this recipe that she received. 
Well, of course! 
I love to try new things....and it's a breakfast item! DOUBLE BONUS! I love having breakfast for breakfast or breakfast for dinner. 
So, here we go.
Ingredients:
1 1/2 C. Oats
1 C. flour
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 C. milk
2 eggs. slightly beaten
2 Tbsp butter (softened)
1/2 C. Chopped pecans

(SEE SAUCE RECIPE BELOW)
Combine dry ingredients except pecans.
Mix together.
Add the milk and butter. Slightly beat 2 eggs in a separate bowl and add.
Add chopped pecans and mix.
Pour onto griddle.
I set my griddle for 325 degrees.
...and flipped over after seeing bubbles appear.

Then, in a small saucepan (over medium heat) mix together:
1 1/2 C. Sugar
3/4 C. Buttermilk
1/2 C. Butter
2 Tbsp. Karo Syrup
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. Vanilla
Serve warm sauce over oatmeal pancakes.
Or, just serve the pancakes with whatever topping you'd like. 
Recipe Courtesy of Susan Savage (my aunt's food-tastic-friend)

No comments: