Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Lemon Cream Sorbet

This is a classic Ice Cream recipe. It's not too heavy, it's smooth, silky and just right, with a spritz of Lemon! 
Obviously, I'm posting this in the month of November. I know, I know....not necessarily ice cream weather. WHAT? You kidding me? 
I'm always ready for a nice homemade treat! 

Just a little. 
(this recipe makes 6-8 quarts of ice cream, that's still a little....right?)
Ingredients:
6 C. Sugar
2 C. Lemon Juice
3 C. Half and Half (I use fat free)
1 can evaporated milk
3 tsp. lemon extract
about 3/4 gallon of fat free milk

Ice Cream Maker:
Rock Salt
ICE, ICE and more ICE!
Fill a 6 quart bowl with ALL THE INGREDIENTS!
That's it!
Place in an Ice Cream maker for about 30-45 min periodically checking for thickness.
(you'll have to do 2 -3 separate batches)
After you've checked your ice cream maker for the THICK consistency, then remove ice cream and place in a freezer safe bowl and place in freezer for 20 min to set up, just a bit more.

Enjoy!!!
We LOVE this recipe and I got this easy recipe from a family in Utah.

Recipe courtesy of The Jensen Family

No comments: