Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Cake

picture adapted from http://cookingwithmandy.blogspot.com/2012/11/cinnamon-roll-cake.html
It's exactly what MINE looked like too! YUMMY!!!
 Okay, okay....I don't know WHAT it is about the season of Fall. I love the smell of cinnamon. I constantly am bombarded by the smell of cinnamon pine cones as I walk into stores. I just had this urge for something cinnamon. So, I found this recipe! 
You're welcome!
CAKE: 
3 C. Flour
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 C. Sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 C. milk
2 eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 C. butter, melted

Mix all "cake" ingredients together. 
Grease a 9x13 pan and pour into pan.
( I used two small pans...I gave one away)
Make Topping and whip all ingredients together.
1/2 C. butter, softened. NOT MELTED
1/2 C. brown sugar
1 Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp. Cinnamon
Put big dollops of topping all over cake.


Use a knife and swirl to incorporate and also to make a nice design.
Really get those chunks swirled out.
Done.
GO. BAKE. NOW.
Bake at 350 for 25-30 min.
Use a toothpick to check.
Make Glaze, and mix all ingredients together.
2 C. powdered sugar
5 Tbsp. Milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. Cinnamon

Once cake is done, serve warm and drizzle glaze over individual pieces.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from http://cookingwithmandy.blogspot.com/2012/11/cinnamon-roll-cake.html

No comments: