Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Homemade Pesto

I was at the store a few weeks ago, walking around aimlessly (with 2 kids that is...which "aimlessly" means hurry and walk around so one child doesn't start screaming)  looking around as to WHAT I should make for dinner. I was in the produce section and saw a BIG bag of basil. I immediately thought to myself, why would someone buy a HUGE bag of basil; and THEN I saw the recipe card attached to it.
"Homemade Pesto"
Mmmm.....I have never made homemade pesto. THAT's whats for dinner!!!

So, there you have it!
1 c. fresh basil leaves-packed
1-2 cloves of garlic
3 T. pine nuts
3/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
1/8 tsp. salt

Place washed and dried basil, garlic, pine nuts, salt, and cheese in a blender or food processor.  Add olive oil and pulse until moisture forms a thick puree.  Pour over cooked hot pasta and serve.

Serves 2-3

Courtesy of Ratto Famrs LLC

No comments: