Monday, September 1, 2014

Paleo Banana & Chocolate Chip Muffins (but I call them cupcakes)

I really enjoy treats, but I enjoy them more, when they are made from WHOLE ingredients. I've slowly made the move to consuming more Paleo desserts, and this banana muffin/cupcake is so moist and is a perfect replica of the regular "white flour" version....that I had to include it on my own blog.
I took this recipe straight from http://paleomg.com/banana-nut-chocolate-chip-muffins/
so, I give all the credit to Juli Bauer for her amazing Paleo blog. Go check it out!
Ingredients:

  • 3 bananas, mashed with a fork
  • 3 eggs, whisked
  • ¼ cup maple syrup
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ½ cup smooth almond butter
  • ¼ cup coconut flour
  • ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • ½ cup chopped walnuts (I actually Omit these when I cook mine)
INSTRUCTIONS:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Mash bananas in a large bowl. Add eggs, maple syrup, almond butter, and vanilla extract and mix together.
  3. Then add coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda and powder and a pinch of salt and mix well.
  4. Lastly, fold in walnuts and chocolate chips.
  5. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop batter into 9 cups of a silicone muffin pan.
  6. Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool before removing from silicone pan.
Special thanks and credits given to: http://paleomg.com/banana-nut-chocolate-chip-muffins/

No comments: