Monday, March 17, 2014

Paleo Raspberry Almond Muffins garnished with Cacao chocolate

When Josh and I were in Utah, my mother in law made these AWESOME muffins! 
They are paleo-style muffins and are dairy and grain free. 
I've made them ever since Christmas and my boys LOVE these 'cupcakes'

This recipe makes 12 muffins (cupcake size)
Ingredients:
1 C. Almond Flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp pure almond extract
3 eggs, whisked
1 cup fresh ground almond butter (you can use organic too)
1/3 C. raw honey
1/3 C. slivered almonds (I actually don't use them in mine, but it adds a great crunch)
1/3 C. Coconut Oil, melted
1 C. fresh raspberries, rinsed and dried
Dark chocolate chips, for garnishing
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl, set aside.
Mix eggs, almond butter, honey, almonds, almond extract, and coconut oil together in another medium bowl. Combine with dry ingredients and mix together.

FOLD in fresh raspberries.

Scoop batter evenly into 10-12 muffin cups (lightly greased with coconut oil or lined with a paper muffin liners)

I garnish my muffins with a few dark chocolate chips and just place them on TOP of the batter and slightly press into the batter.

Bake for about 15-20 min. REALLY watch your muffins to be sure they DO NOT overcook.

Enjoy!
I love these because they don't leave me feeling heavy and taste delicious!
My boys love them because they are soft  like cake and have a very nutty taste!

No comments: