Sunday, September 8, 2013

Good old fashioned Brownies

I found the super yummy old fashioned brownie recipe online and I was so excited when I found it!  These are the brownies I remember as a kid...the best brownies EVER!
Ingredients:
2 c. Flour
2 c. Sugar
1/2 c. Cocoa powder
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
4 eggs
4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. butter (softened)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan.  Beat together the eggs, vanilla, and butter in a mixing bowl.  Add in flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and walnuts.  
Mix all ingredients together well, then pour brownie mixture into the lightly greased baking pan.  Bake for 25 min. (or until the toothpick comes out dry).
Frosting Directions:
1/4 c. Cocoa powder
3 c. powder sugar
1/4 c. butter (softened)
1/4 c. milk (I used whole milk)

Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
Allow the brownies to cool.  Then frost as desired and ENJOY!

No comments: