Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies. EVER.

One thing I love to do is blog surf! I especially love "cooking" blogs. One blog I love to surf is my friend, Melanie Redd. She's a fantastic cook too! http://welcometomelskitchen.blogspot.com/2011/01/best-chocolate-chip-cookies.html
A lot of my recipes have come from her. 
I love cooking other people's food and then tweaking it for taste or whatever. However, there are some recipes that I WILL NEVER CHANGE.

Here's one of those "never change" recipes:
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE. EVERI mean it, don't take my word for it....go bake some!


2 cups plus 2 tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 sticks (12 tbsp) butter, melted and cooled until warm
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg plus 1 yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Combine the dry ingredients. Set aside. Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolk and the egg. Mix well. Add the vanilla. Incorporate the flour mixture. Add the chocolate chips. Put BIG scoops onto a cookie sheet. Space a couple inches apart. Bake for 10-14 minutes. Don't overbake!!  They will appear underdone, but they aren't! They are working their magic to become chewy. Cool for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.

Recipe courtesy of http://icookstuff.blogspot.com/2009/01/best-chocolate-chip-cookies-period.html

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nick's idea was to make treats for FHE tonight and take them to people - this recipe was the PERFECT recipe for it! Thanks for sharing! It just might become my new favorite chocolate chip cookie (which is an accomplishment because I've used the same choc chip recipe for many years). Oh, and megs, I'm impressed with your self-control! Pretty sure I ate half the batch! :)

Josh and Megan said...

Ooooh! Glad you liked them!!! I really have tried a lot of recipes and this one, by far, is my favorite!!!